バランの修理Balun Repair

2010/01/05            日本語は下にあります。 ve3cgc@hotmail.com

 

“ Repairing two baluns “  「古いバランの修理」

 

I bought two baluns many years ago.  A couple of years ago, one of them I was using for 40m loop was broken.  I homebrewed a new 4 to 1 toroidal core balun.

 

In the past summer, I found two old baluns that were not working and I decided to repair.  I up-loaded some pictures on the album of my blog under “ balun repair’ on 2010/01/05.  The picture can be enlarged by clicking the image.  These baluns were commercially made and they are popular and common among hams in the north America.

 

The both baluns were almost same design containing in the case (container) and glued so that it could not open unless the case were cut to open inside.  I was also curious what was inside and how it was designed, what parts were used and etc.  I cut the main part of PVC pipe case with a hack saw.  The internals could come out after cutting and removing fasteners.  I needed to figure out which one was a 1 to 1 balun or a 4 to 1 balun.

 

When the internals were removed from the case, one was loosen at the antenna connector and the other had a ferrite bar in the coil which was loosen and coming off.  But both were not broken beyond repair.  I continued the work and I removed the internals from the case on both baluns.

 

In going through the ARRL handbook information, I identified that the 1 to 1 balun had a plastic tube for the coil and the 4 to 1 balun had a ferrite core.  They look good for handling up to 100 watts judging from the heavy copper wires used for the coil. 

 

Overall the both baluns were relatively good shape not required major repairs.  So I decided to put them back in the plastic containers.  The 1 to 1 balun was installed in the Hellmanns mayonnaise, 445mL, plastic container.  The 4 to 1 balun was put in the Kraft peanut butter plastic jar.   I did not seal it with the sealant material for water proof and will do it later when it is required.  I will use and test the 1 to 1 balun for a portable vertical antenna in the Spring 2010.

 

73.

Hiro VE3CGC

ve3cgc@hotmail.com

 

 

In Japanese

「古いバランの修理」

 

41のバランが壊れてしまい、トロイド コア FT-114-43100ワット用のものを自作しました。 この夏、シャックの整理をしていると、アメリカから買って、使っていた古いバラン2個が出てきたので、そのうち、修理するつもりで、机の上に出しておきました。

 

201015日のこのブログの「balun repair」に写真を載せてあるように、どちらのバランも同じようなデザインで、金鋸で本体を切らないと中身を取り出せないように作られ、防水もしっかりしていて、中身がどのようなのか、どうなっているのか見る為に、切断しました。  写真をクリックすると、絵が大きくなります。

 

中身を取り出してみると、一つはプラスチックのパイプに太いエナメル銅線のコイルがあり、もう一つは太いエナメル銅線がフェライト バーに巻きつけたコイルが出てきました。 アルバムの写真を見てください。 ARRLのハンドブックを読み、プラスチックのパイプのコイルは11のバルン、フェライト バーに巻きつけたコイルは41のバランと判断できました。 銅線はかなり太いもので、100ワット用のものと思います。 これを真似して、太い銅線を使い、100ワット用のバランを自作するのは簡単なようです。 どなたか作ってみてください。

 

取り出したバランの中身はプラスチックのケースに収めました。 ケースはマヨネーズとピーナッツバターが入っていたものです。  未だ防水加工はしておりませんが、春に移動用の垂直アンテナにテストを兼ねて、取り付け、使ってみる予定です。 

 

質問があれば、メールをください。

 

73.

 

はやし ひろ VE3CGC

ve3cgc@hotmail.com

This entry was posted in ハム ラジオ、アマチュア無線、ham radio, amateur radio. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s